Unpleased with this, other people attempted to bring the sensation to the United States. So, there was one in San Diego and now an eventual NOTHER' one in NYC. They keep spreading! Which is good, because cats multiply like RABBITS! Its easy to get a cat, but hard to get rid of them. Cats often show stressed and undesirable behaviors while kept in cages all day long, while its not us humans's fault as we dont have enough space and time (we really dont!) to nurioush them properly... Ahemmm... The kitties are sometimes euthanized for these very stated reasons, or because no one wants them, or other unmentionable things. But with a cat cafe, it'll allow cats to roam around freely (until its closing time and everyone goes home, of course) and interact with people and other cats nearly all day!
Furnishing, vetting fees, feeding, and the first couple of times rent, is going to take a toll on Cattitude and the overall process. While we dont have the fundraising campaign started up online yet, we could really use people spreading the word as is. Most likely we will choose kickstarter, indiegogo, or Gofundme. Tell me more about these in the comments, through note, etc!
Here are our in-store rules when the place gets established, to see what the place is going to be like.
- Don’t bring cats from home or the outside into the café.
- Keep your inside voice! (Like a library or a school, please!)
- Don’t pull on kitties tails!
- Watch where you step! (Don’t step on a kitty!)
- Walk – don’t run inside, please!
- Parents and/or guardian MUST supervise children under twelve years of age. AT ALL TIMES.
- Disinfect your hands at the sanitation station BEFORE coming in, petting the cats, and leaving. (Last, optional.)
- You break it – you buy it! (Please be gentle with the items you touch, no grabbing or snatching, please!)
- If you find a cat or kitten you wish to adopt, seek a volunteer with a NAMETAG on! He/she will help you!
Where are you going to get the cats?
Caring Fields Felines (formerly Hobe Sound Animal Rescue League), Dominos House For Cats, Treasure Coast Humane Society & Nala’s New Life Rescue.
What About Mixing Cats From Other Rescues? What if the organizations don’t approve?
Cattitude will rotate who gets to be in which spot, as each of these organizations listed has so many cats at each time they would LOVE a spot at the café!
How many cats will you have each ‘scheduling’?
Since the location I have in mind is a fairly large, hopefully 10 – 20 at a time.
Where will you be located?
To be announced.
Do you have a release date set yet?
Not an exact one as of right now, but we have estimations. Those are Winter of 2015, Spring of 2016, and at the LATEST would be Spring of 2017. If EVERYTHING goes according to planned ‘I hope it does’ then it should be opened by May 5th, 2016.
What is the routine for Cattitude? “Behind the scenes”.
To be announced.
What are YOUR processes for keeping kitties happy?
· Food, water & toys available 24-7 (but rotated for freshness & boredom control).
· The best quality food we can buy for the kitties diets, tummies restrictions, and overall dietary needs.
· Daily behavioral monitoring by volunteer staff.
· ‘Kitty-proofing’ potentially hazardous items.
· Comfortable, cozy beds for our lodgers.
· A variety of playmates and visitors throughout their week & day (YOU & other cats!)!
· Any cat or kitten that is frequently showing signs of stress, fear, or uneasiness will be rehomed to a foster care parent or to former facility.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or add me on Skype @ TheBigAnimation , thank you so much!